Win 2000 Pro install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
:

Hi, I was just trying to install Windows 2000 Pro on one of my computers. I was able to delete the old partitions (two hard drives), create new ones and selected a drive to install 2000 Pro on. I got three quarters of the way through the format process when I got an error message saying there was no hard drive to format. How could it go so far into a format of a drive that does not exist? Anyway, now I cannot get the install to continue because Windows cannot see my two hard drives. I have tried going into the BIOS and auto detecting the drives with no luck. The only thing it shows there as a hard drive is my dvd drive. I have tried switching to booting from a floppy disk and it will not do this at all. When I try this option it tells me to remove disk(s) and hit any key to restart. I would appreciate any help ya'll could provide on this issue.

rdmike

Welcome to Techspot!
It is always best to list the Hardware specs for your machine . You can use 'Your profile page.
There may be a problem with that HDD.
Try removing that one and make the other HD the Master / or
Re-partition with software from the manufacturer of that HD and you will also be able to check the drives for errors with their software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back