win 64 install issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
im currently trying to install win xp 64bit onto a 64 bit msi baord with a amd 64 3500, while installing windows random files cannot be installed, ive tried several times and each time its a different error, any suggestions on to what may be causing this??

its a brand new scratch free legit version, i beleive the problem ahs something to do with the mobo, processor, or mem since it did this while trying to install win xp pro also

Install x64 problem

What is the age/condition of the cd drive? Dust? Not the likely culprit but worth checking out.
I installed x64 on an ASUS a8n-e, AMD 3800x2, with striped raid SATA 2 without a hitch. (thank you thank you thank you) The cd rom was new out of the box.
I would look at the cd drive first. What is the condition/age of the hard drive?
All new build?

spechul1 said:
its a brand new scratch free legit version, i beleive the problem ahs something to do with the mobo, processor, or mem since it did this while trying to install win xp pro also
You may be on to something there, I've had the same problem when I had a bad RAM module. I suggest running a memtest on it. http://www.memtest86.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back