Win 8.1 upgrade problem

James Durkin

I am trying to install Win 8.1 to Win 8.0 due to a re-install, I am getting a message to install updates, I have upgraded completely, there are no more upgrades available. Still told to install upgrades, re-booted 3x's no good. Help!. T.I.A.

I re-installed again, I am using my own Win 7 disk, none came with the computer. This has always worked in the past. Now after installing my Win 8 disk and trying to download all updates, upon booting, it is showing a message that the downloads did not download correctly and is reverting.Whereas when I try to upgrade to Win 8.1 in Store, get the message that I need to install upgrades. Try again , same thing. Never happened before. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

It's a long time since I installed Windows 8 on a windows 7 computer. I do remember that I waited a little while until there were no more Windows 8 updates and went into the Store and clicked to upgrade to 8.1. This all went wrong because there were more Windows 8.0 updates that were then installed and it messed up the upgrade. Perhaps you could leave it with Windows 8.0 for a couple of days before taking the final step to 8.1. I think that I did something to clear out the messed up 8.1 download files too but I don't remember what.

Back