Win 8 Pro - SFC /SCANNOW Cannot Fix Errors

Baasha

I have had a Win 8 Pro machine for a while now - I installed it on my Samsung EVO 250GB SSD and it has been running great until about 2 or 3 days ago.

I decided to run the 'SFC /SCANNOW' in an elevated Command Prompt.

It keeps saying that it found errors but it was unable to fix it! I ran it several times to no avail.

How do I fix this without having to reinstall the whole OS?

PLEASE HELP!

Can you say what happened with your pc 2 or 3 days ago? Why you think some thing is wrong?
I do use 'sfc /scannow' about once week and I always get the same 'cannot fix some errors' report, I am sure my Win 8 Pro is as good as it's going to be.

Well I started getting crashes during gaming - I've tried the whole shebang - reinstalling drivers, swapping out the cards (running 2 GTX-780 Ti Classified in SLI), different cables etc. etc.

The games work fine with a single card but the moment I turn on SLI, any and all games crash (whenever there is load on the GPUs - so even benchmarks such as 3DMark etc.).

Not sure if the SFC /SCANNOW is causing something else to get corrupted but the cards individually work fine. I set everything to stock - CPU/RAM/GPU to no avail - SLI simply does not work.

I'm using an ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer MoBo with this system.

One possible answer, is that the PSU is fine with one GPU but can't give enough current for two.
Might be worth trying an SLI bridge if you have one.
Is there a setting in the BIOS to enable SLI on your board?
There has to be some settings in the Nvidia control panel for the SLI setup, maybe something not set right there?

Back