Win 98 Boot-up problems

By teekshuv
Jun 13, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anyone offer some help.

I'm a relative novice to computing and have just encountered a boot-up problem with my Win98 machine. The machine boots-up to a blue screen just before the windows screen and permanently hangs. I have tried re-starting my PC a few times but does not clear the problem. I have just installed Nero CD burning software and am wondering if this has caused the problem. How do i get a successful boot-up without having to re-format my hard drive?

Thanks.
  2. kol_indian

kol_indian Newcomer, in training Posts: 368

Welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

Looks like there is some conflict in drivers, here is what u can try doing - try going to safe mode, after BIOS screen press F8 continuesly it will give a new menu with options select safe mode , try uninstalling nero from safe mode ad restart. hope this solves ur problem.
  3. teekshuv

teekshuv Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for your response. I'll give it a try when i get home from work later.
    You're the only respondant too.

Thanks.

Tony (from Wales, Great Britain)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.