Win 98SE startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyke

Hi folks,

Does anybody know how to disable the Windows 98 screen that shows while booting up? I'm told that it will speed up the booting if I remove it? That so?

How fast is your computer? If its about 133Mhz or something my guess is it will save about 0-1 seconds. Not really worth it if you ask me.
I believe it can be removed. Or at least changed (I know you can do this), but offhand I forget how to do it.

The search feature is your friend. Not only on the board but on the whole net! Those sites have ones to change, and i'm sure that there are instructions on how to rid of it.

Thanks, guys. I guess for such a small speed-up its maybe a little extravagant! Yes my system is 1.2 @1.28:)

Cheers though:grinthumb

In the C:\ (well whatever the root drive is) drive Right click on msdos.sys & select Properties. Untick the Read-only file attribute & click on Apply (You can leave this file property box open as you’ll need to use it again soon). Again, right click on msdos.sys & select Open with then select a Text editor to open it – Notepad will do just fine though.
In the [Options] section add the line;
Logo=x. A setting of 0 for x disables the Windows logo from being displayed, while 1 enables it to be displayed. For optimal boot time set this to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back