win xp and many bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunty

Hi! it's my first post in this forum and I hope that u can help me to solve those random bsod :(
i've try to see the minidump image with dumpchk but i don't know how i can solve the problem with the error code

i've attach some dump, i hope that u can help me

other dumbs

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps crash with various culprits and bugchecks. This is a sign of a hardware problem. Possibly faulty ram or faulty underpowered psu/overheating/mobo etc.

Go HERE and follow the instructions, see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps crash with various culprits and bugchecks. This is a sign of a hardware problem. Possibly faulty ram or faulty underpowered psu/overheating/mobo etc.

Go HERE and follow the instructions, see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks for answer

my hardware is builted around an all in one mainboard with ati chipset, just place cpu, ram and hd.
It's my mediacenter, and about 1 month ago it runned with no probs.
I'm using it as my own pc because i'd sold my old pc. So I installed several drivers for printer, scanner, webcam and some games.
When I'd use it like mediacenter there weren't any problems, so when they arrived I'd try to search the cause:
- I'd try to use a 150w psu and a 500w but nothing
- I'd test the ram (1x512mB) with memtest for about 3 hours and no error was found
- there's no overheating, all temperature are ok (i'm studying to became ad elettronic engeneer and i'm using my own probe)

do u think that there are only ONE possiblity to solve this problem? Now the pc is running for 3 hours with no problems, anyway now I'm trying to use the "verifier" to see if there's a driver that cause the problem.

It is possible a driver is at fault, although your minidumps don`t pinpoint anything in particular. Random minidumps usually mean there is a hardware problem of some kind.

Check your mobo for bulging or leaking capacitors. See HERE for more info.

Other than that, see what driver verifier comes up with and let us know.

Regards Howard :)

after a day with no bsod, now i've a bsod, irql_not_less_or_equal
i've set to save a dump of kernel memory but is large 60 mega.
anyway i can't find any info in driver verifier

Here`s the Microsoft article on how to use driver verifier.

You need to set your minidumps to small 64k. I wouldn`t be able to analyse such a large dump file and there`s no way you could upload it anyway.

today i've set minidump to 64k and i've another bsod.
I've attach the minidump.
Anyway, i've placed a huge 120x120 fan directly to northbridge and southbridge, i see that they became too hot, but anyway i've got a bsod :(

Your latest minidump crashes at amon.sys. This is part of your antivirus software.

Disconnect from the net and temporarily uninstall your antivirus software. See if you system becomes stable.

If it does, try using a different antivirus product such as the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes. You can get them HERE and HERE.

i've just check this page to view your anwser and windows give me an error (the mem can't be read or something like this, i try to translate from italian to english, sorry) and after few second, bsod with this text:
win32k.sys address BFC3DF7 base at BF8000000 datestamp 43446a58

now i don't know what to do, i'm a little frustrated

i attach the minidump ;)

Your latest dump crashes at win32k.sys. This is the Windows Multi-User Win32 Driver. It has a bugchek of 8E.

You should definitely follow the instructions in the link I gave you and test your ram etc.

howard, the first thing that i'd think at the first bsod was: it's caused by ram
i've make a test of 3 hours with memtest and i've no error
maybe this weekend i'll try to make another partition and install a fresh windows :( but honestly i don't think that i'll solve anything

That may be a good idea. However, if that doesn`t solve anything a hardware problem seems the most likely.

Unfortunately diagnosing a hardware problem can be a complete pain in the rear.

Let me know how you get on.

another day, another crash :(
bad pool header, anyway while i wan't at home, i've see that the pc crashed 5 time, i attach the header, howard can u teach me how to read this dump? i don't understand the microsoft page :(

Your latest minidumps crash with the following bugchecks C2/8E/0A/19

As far as I`m concerned you have a hardware problem of some description.

You should disconnect anything not required to run your system. Just leave the mobo/cpu/1 stick of ram/hard drive/graphics card. See if you still get crashes.

If you do, then the problem is with one of those components. that`s when it can start to get expensive swapping out various parts.

As you said earlier, it might be a good idea to install windows on another partition and see if you still have problems.

You can find a short tutorial on how to read minidumps HERE.

howard, this mobo is all in one, so graphic card, sound card are integrated
i can change only the hard disk and the ram (1x512), i don't have another cpu :(
anyway i'll try changing hard disk, ram, i hope to solve
tomorrow i can try to change ram slot :p

hey thx for the tutorial, anyway when i load the dump with windbg i see an error like "Unable to load image sptd.sys, Win32 error 2", after that i type !analyze -v and i see

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: INTEL_CPU_MICROCODE_ZERO

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

what does it means with intel_cpu_microcode_zero? this is so a cpu fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back