Win XP and new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Hey gang,

I have one for you. I recently upgraded my mobo and CPU, I had a Gigabyte 7-dxr and an AMD 1900+, I went to a Gigabyte 7-VAXP with an AMD 2700+, I didn't reinstall XP just updated the drivers. Here are my problems. When I check my e-mail with Outlook, my computer slows down to a crawl, my mouse curser just jerks across the screen until it is thru getting new messages.

The second thing it does is when I use Music Match or WMP, to play MP3's they seem to skip like a bad recording. I know the MP3's are good, I have had them on here for years, this just started when I upgraded. Everything else works fine.

Thanks a mil.

Boeing

I also got a new mobo and didnt re-format my pc or reinstall windows. The was very sluggish and didnt work very well. It depends how different ur mobo is from ur previous 1. Even still i suggest u reinstall windows. You would still have a lot of uneeded drivers on ur system. and the settings in windows would b incorrect!

Edit: This is a 3.5 year old thread. Please check the date of threads before posting ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back