Win XP boot up problem.

By philbie
Nov 19, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just done my weekly system scan, Spy Doctor, Spybot, Kaspersky anti virus. The results were'nt good, 18 spyware and 5 viruses, I could not get rid of some spyware from normal mode so I booted up in safe mode, I ran the spyware and anti virus programs. This was scuccessful in removing everything. I then tried to reboot, which was fine up to the screen that says "Winows is starting up" it then would not go any further, I can still boot into safe mode, but I can't use system restore, I think my problem might be in Steganos security suite, but I can't remove it through Add/Remove under control panel. I have tried to load XP but it tells me that the version I have is newer than the one I am trying to restore from CD and that my settings may not work if I proceed, I am using XP Pro sp2. Any ideas please people!!!!
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.