Win XP cannot find my SATA HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a big problem with my ASUS mobo.The thing is that i have a SATA HD of 200GB and when i try to install win xp on it does not find my sata hd. I went to asus homepage and downloaded the drivers on to the floppy but it does not work. I dont know what to do to make it work. I dont find the sata drivers on the cd i have got with the mobo. i have even downloaded drivers from the Intel homepage but not made them work. I have updated my Bios but still it does not work. Is it something i have to change in the bios??? I have 1 IDE HD and that one works fine but not the F*****G SATA. I have been trying to fix this problem for 6days and I'm at this point where i'm pulling my hair off.

I have:

ASUS P5GD2-X with Intel chipset mobo
Northbridge Intel 915P
Southbridge Intel ICH6
Bios updated to 0301
GeForce 6600 PCIe
1GB DDR II
P4 3GHz

I read other peoples problems and you guys have helped them. Can you please help me too.

Thnakx

Did you check the HDD manuf. site for the correct drivers ? ?
It also needs to be partitioned and formatted before Windows can use it see the above for the utilities to do so.

patio. :cool:

You probably have to short a jumper on the motherboard to enable the SATA controller, most boards I worked with have it disabled by default, have you done this?

For boot sequence I am not sure with your motherboard but instead of HDD0 choose SCSI if there are no SATA option,

Then get the latest SATA drivers from ASUS put it on a disk, have the disk ready, start setup, when it says in the bottom of the screen to press F6 to add additional SCSI and such drivers, press F6 and you whould be on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back