Win XP Pro Fatal Error from Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem with a random Fatal Error when Windows comes back from sleep mode. There doesn't seem to be any particular sequence to the event. It occurs whether the monitor has been on or off, whether the keyboard is used to bring the computer active or the mouse, or even turning the monitor on. Since the system was assembled on December 16, it has happened 6 times, today being the last time and the previous time was on January 4.

The system components are:
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe Motherboard
Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz 800 FSB CPU
Infineon PC3200 RAM 2x512MB To enable Hyper-threading
Seagate 120GB Hard Drive
Gainward Geforce FX5600 256MB Video Card
Sony 19" LCD Monitor

Software:
Windows XP Pro (SP1 installed)
Office XP Pro (No updates needed)
Microsoft Project 2000 (no updates needed)
Roxio Platinum 5.0 (updated)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!!

Something I might try is unplugging any USB devices you may have connected to your system (webcams, scanners, printers, mice, keyboards etc...) and put the sysetm in standby.... See if it happens again.

I know USB + standby has had plenty of issues in the past.

If you have some, you might want to check out this link. The microsoft knowledge base has lots of information on standby issues:

http://support.microsoft.com/search...L&maxResults=25&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on

The only USB device is a printer/fax/copier/scanner, a HP 7200. Could this be an issue? Also I can not reproduce the problem. It is random and I can't tell why it happens.

Is it any USB device? Maybe it is the printer. I'll try it and let you know. It's at my parents house since it's theirs, so it might be a few days.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back