Win XP quick Desktop icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Hey gang,

The other day my quick launch disappeared from the toolbar. Anyone know how I can get it back or what it is called in the windows folder ?

Should just be right click on the task bar toolbars/quick launch (is in w2k pro anyway)

Ok, I need to clarify, I have the quick launch bar in my tool bar. I need the desktop icon. Like if I have 10 windows open and I want to go to the desktop with the push of a button, it use to be there but is not now. It is part of the quick launch bar.

You mean the "show Desktop" button.

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch.

It should be located there.

If it got taken out of that folder just do a Windows Scearch on "Show Desktop"...if you deleted it for good I can e-mail you a copy of the file/link.

Open notepad and cut & paste this:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Save this as showdesktop.scf (Any name you choose) by giving it a name and choose "All files". Then you can make a shortcut.

Basically, "Show Desktop" is just a script. This is the same script.

Originally posted by Rick
Open notepad and cut & paste this:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Save this as showdesktop.scf (Any name you choose) by giving it a name and choose "All files". Then you can make a shortcut.

Basically, "Show Desktop" is just a script. This is the same script.

Rick, YOU are the best. That is what I was looking for, fixed my prob in 1 minute. Thanks a mil!!

Originally posted by Vehementi
You can minimize all the windows quicker with windows key + M or D.

Yes but then I have to take my hand off the mouse or put it on the keyboard...thanks for the advice but I like the icon thing. ;)

Originally posted by boeingfixer
Yes but then I have to take my hand off the mouse or put it on the keyboard...thanks for the advice but I like the icon thing. ;)
What I commonly do is place my pinky on the Windows key, and place my index finger on the "D". It's pretty easy. I do like having that icon there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back