TechSpot

Win XP random restarts. Dumps attached.

By pabvr81
Aug 17, 2006
  1. HI, I'm new in this forums, and would like to get some help from you. I have an HP Pavilion ZV6000 laptop, running XP Home SP2, Athlon 64 2000+ processor, 1.25GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, ATI Radeon Xpress 200m 128MB RAM. My problem is that it restarts randomly, giving me a BSOD everytime. When it restarts, sometimes it doesn't even boot and restarts again. It takes several times to reboot until it finally loads Windows. I have reinstalled Windows several times already and still nothing. I've already tried running Memtest to check for bad RAM but it gives me no errors after 6+ passes. I woul really appreciate it if someone could analyze my minidumps for me. Thanks in advance!

2. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

One crash at "avgntflt.sys", which is part of AntiVir AV Software.
    One crash at memory corruption, and another at "ntkrnlpa.exe," with a bugcheck of 0A.

Uninstall your AV software, that seems to be the most likely cause.

3. pabvr81

pabvr81 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for your help. I uninstalled Antivir XP, and the system still crashes from time to time, Most of the time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, I have another dump, I would really appreciate if you (or anyone) helps me.

4. pabvr81

pabvr81 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Here is the dump.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.