Win XP recovers from system error (minidump)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just joined this forum with hope to get a help.

Could you please analyze atached zip file (included 7 individually compressed dumps and system info).

I suspect that something wrong with one of two SDRAMs installed on my pc. The system info reads:

Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 387.70 MB (?)

I recently installed a brand new hd (Seagate ST3120026A 128MB) and then XP pro SP1 from scratch. I also have CD-ROM and DVD-RW.

This system error (with differnt codes) happens randomly. At the beginning the system rebooted itself. I disabled auto reboot and now I am getting the message that the system recovered from serious error.

I did not run memtest yet since I never did it before. So if cpc2004 or another tech expert could read minidums provided and confirm that faulty memory module causes the problem I will proceed with test.

By the way which tool I can use to read mindump (I also have a full dump). DUMPCHK only provides short summary without any clue what is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Doc_80

Attachments

• My_system_and_dumps.zip
    92 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It looks as though you`ve got a ram problem, as some of your minidumps are crashing with memory corruption.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thank you, Howard.

Surprisingly, stress test usingmemtest-86 did not show any errors with memory. However I realized that one of two memory modules aparently is not compatable with my motherboard. According to vendor's web site , this m/b does not support such memory module if it shows half size. So I am going to replace it.
Hopefully it will solve the problem.

Thanks & regards,
Doc_80 :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back