Win XP recovers from system error (minidump)

By Doc_80
Nov 17, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I just joined this forum with hope to get a help.

Could you please analyze atached zip file (included 7 individually compressed dumps and system info).

I suspect that something wrong with one of two SDRAMs installed on my pc. The system info reads:

Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 387.70 MB (?)

I recently installed a brand new hd (Seagate ST3120026A 128MB) and then XP pro SP1 from scratch. I also have CD-ROM and DVD-RW.

This system error (with differnt codes) happens randomly. At the beginning the system rebooted itself. I disabled auto reboot and now I am getting the message that the system recovered from serious error.

I did not run memtest yet since I never did it before. So if cpc2004 or another tech expert could read minidums provided and confirm that faulty memory module causes the problem I will proceed with test.

By the way which tool I can use to read mindump (I also have a full dump). DUMPCHK only provides short summary without any clue what is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Doc_80

Attached Files:

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It looks as though you`ve got a ram problem, as some of your minidumps are crashing with memory corruption.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Doc_80

Doc_80 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you, Howard.

Surprisingly, stress test usingmemtest-86 did not show any errors with memory. However I realized that one of two memory modules aparently is not compatable with my motherboard. According to vendor's web site , this m/b does not support such memory module if it shows half size. So I am going to replace it.
    Hopefully it will solve the problem.

Thanks & regards,
    Doc_80 :grinthumb
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.