WIn XP recovery does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi frnds
just 4 days back i did a mischief with my Acer TM 2300 laptop by trying to shut down windows b removing the battery before it could shut down.
The next instance when i reloaded i got the Unmountable_Boot_Volume error with a blue screen
I tried to run WInXP SP2 by booting my laptop with the recovery console window freezed and i gazed for hours
If i try to install a fresh copy,or delete partition or create it just freezes saying "examining the HDD".Recovery console does not work.
I do not have a floppy drive in it and for me getting the HDD back is important and not the data
The drives are NTFS partitioned and while installing XP SP2 it does display the size and disk labels correctly but does not go ahead of that.!!JUST FREEZES!!
My HDD is a HITACHI Travelstar and is also diplayed in the BIOS
What should i do?
Can anyone help?

Thanks Ted

Thanks a lot TED
But i used a hitachi drive fitness test software but it showed me a Defective Component error message
I do not know why but i think i have to change my hard drive
SHould i still try Nortaon 2003 as you adviced
I would be grateful if u guide me
Regards
Rama

norton 2003 is an invaluable tool. I use it on every computer I own. I only install and use the registry and disk repair tool, the system cleanup tool, and the goback tool.

anything made after 2003 by norton is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back