Win XP Start Up Screen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently put together a new system. Installed Windows XP Home and all drivers/software included with my hardware. Before installing the drivers/software I had no problems. Afterwards the XP start up screen is having graphic problems. The boot status box is garbled and outside the box. No error messages that I know of. While surfing the net some fonts appeared as a rainbow color and unreadable ( I fixed this by adjusting settings for my vid card ). When shutting down the saving settings message is still in this rainbow color. I haven't noticed any other problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated !!!

try the video drivers, if using the newest, try an older set, if not using newest, try the newer ones. Might also want to make sure the card isn't overheating.
Are you OCing the card by chance?

My very old card used to do that, fixed by upgrading to a "newer" video card, for you only about a $30 investment. Are you using an older card? GeForce2 and above should be perfect.

Also like Storm said, try newer drivers.

If driver solutions above do not work try reseating your video card, and check the cable from pc to monitor.

Well I tried changing drivers...no luck. I'm not overclocking and it's a newer card to me...Radeon 9200 AGP with 256mb DDR DRAM. I don't think it's overheating because it happens at start up. I'll give the reseating a try. Anyway it's not that big of a deal...just annoying.

Thanks for all the help !!! :grinthumb

I tried reseating the card and it works fine now !!! It's so annoying when you have something new and it isn't the way you want it to be.

Thanks Shiney :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back