Win XP

By vivek
Mar 4, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello

I have Win Xp Machine configured with all windows updates , now when i log in yahoo and goes for chatting in yahoo chat room , it does not showes any room ,
    i dont know how to solve this probs . Need help

Thanking you

Vivek
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

I have had the same thing happen with MSN when the MSN active X chat control was damaged or missing.

if yahoo uses active X controls ( I dont know never used it) then reinstalling the program may fix the problem.
  3. Spike

Spike Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,371

I'm not 100% sure if yahoo chat uses java (though I THINK it might). If it does, that's probably the problem.

There was a big and boring legal dispute between sun microsystems, and Microsoft. Microsoft lost, an therefor do not now offer the "Microsoft" VM (even though sun made it., which enables IE6 or better to support java environments.

Instead, browse to Sun Microsystems site, and download the latest J2RE (Java 2 Runtime Environment) Install it, reboot, and try again. All things java should then work.
  4. Spike

Spike Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,371

I just tried my suggested fix. I already have one version or another installed. Can't remeber which.

Anyway, I couldn't load the applet in IE (But I have other browsers too! :)

The "microsoft" VM is available on various p2p networks if you are brave enough. Otherwise someone else may know where you can get hold of it other than that.
  5. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.