Win2000 machine making a lot BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have here a problematic P4 3ghz, win2000 installed with some software for the company. it uses raid1.
so the machine is running fine for about 2 years. a month or two ago it started giving some strange problems like printers disappearing because the spool service terminated unexpectedly... then i deleted all printers and installed only one (network printer hp 1320 on print server d-link dp300u).
Now it is giving a bsod most of the times when printing, but not always, it is random...
then when rebooting, some times gives error on system32\config\software, other times PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and other ones like config initialization failed.
Repairing at this time:
- booted with win2000 cd, and selected repair, then L to locate windows install, but this not always worked, cause it couldn't find the folder :/
- keep trying to boot, pressing keyboard keys randomly frustrated, and then it booted :eek:
- changed the ddr ram to other stick. made no effect, i think
- and played with some changes in bios like ddr 266/333 cl3, voltage high low -> but i didn't notice progress...

anyway sorry for my bad English, but if anyone could analys this minidumps i would be very thankful.

regards

minidumps 342Kb: http://members.lycos.co.uk/mjs/Minidump.zip

well actually a time ago there where a few times when after a bsod, the via raid 1 array said it was not syncronized... then one time it said that there was an hd fail, but never said that again so i supposed that was an error...
didn't make a chkdsk yet, or a scan with the seatools, there was no time...
but I will probably do it tomorrow cause it is a holiday bridge here, and the factory is stoped.
thanks

well it seems that it was capacitors problem :eek:

capblown_3.jpg

I saw a lot of this capacitors on the motherboard, and we substitute it by a new one, same model, and it is working fine.

I will say something if it gives more bsod.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back