Win2k/HP printers... *wah*!

Status
Not open for further replies.

josbd

I seem to have this problem with all things HP/Win2K.

Two different pcs, 3 different HP printers, the last being an A 3820.

Scenario: HD reformatted, OS Win2kPro. Printer drivers installed from disk, works fine... for approx 2/3 weeks. After that, one day, nothing works: it will not print when asked; keeps spitting out paper; keeps jamming; or sits there and waits as if asking for a command.

I have completely uninstalled; turned pc off and unplugged printer; downloaded new drivers from Drivers' Guide. Nothing seems to work. Phoned HP helpline at vast expense.. no help.

As I say, this is the 3rd HP printer I have had and the same thing happens as only Groundhog Day can.

Anyone have any suggestions apart from taking hammer to printers or, indeed, never buying an HP printer again?

Any help would be very very gladly received.

Or perhaps a suggestion of a pretty decent printer at a reasonable (£45 type) price would help? heheh

Cheers chaps.

Jo :confused:

If your having problems with the HP brand I would highly recommend a Canon i560. Does great photo's and has a very fast page per minute rate. It does 22 pages per minute black and 15 color. You can get one for around $100 on Newegg.com

Hope this helps you!:D

My suggestion: uninstall the HP-printer drivers and reinstall using the W2K built-in drivers (provided your HP-models are standard supported ones).
I have a HP DeskJet C690 and a HP LaserJet 1100 for 6, resp. 4 years now, before on W98SE, now on W2K, and never had any problems with them.

Good suggestion. I shall give it a go. The last two HP printers I had were the 660C and the 690C. I know the carts are expensivo, but HP printers really do give you a great result, and I have always had a fondness for them. I seem to remember reading somewhere that HP printers had a bit of a prob with W2K Pro. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back