Win32 error please help

By Victorious
Mar 14, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to fix a business computer for my brother who is rather out of touch with technology... His computer was running extreamly slow it was having a hard time even bringing up icons on the computer... I told him it was time to come into the 21st century... anyways i got him a new computer and put the old harddrive in it... well when windows started up it would try and fix the Win32 error i do not know if it did or not... well when I finnally got things to run, I went to look in his old drive and all it had was a folder named recycled with a bunch of numbered files in it... I then tried to put the old harddrive back into his old computer and it gave me an ntfs error when i first started it up... Is there any way I can get his files back? Do I need to reinstall windows XP? Please if anyone could help me I would appericate it...

Victorious
  2. Victorious

Victorious Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Im sorry it was an ntldr file that wasnt present... if anyone could help me on this one it would greatly be appericated... I am sure most of you guys know a whole lot more than I do....

Thanks
    Victorious
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.