Win32/heur, sin32/virut, Vundo B & Trohan Generic 15. AUWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I download remove virus programme but I could not open and run them. like comboFix & Malwarebytes, and now won't let me open avg web page or other helpful webpage.

Could not go to safe mode either.

I am using AVG 8.5 and it is wdw xp

could not go to helpful website but being hackjact to other malicious page.

It seems that I could not do anything becasue the registry being infected?

sorry I don't know any technical term to describe or run the dot programme to show the problem

Any advice please please, I just get on the internet in 2 days and haven't backed up all my personal file, so worry now....

If I reinstalled xp, would all my pre-factory installed things like 'nero' gone as well.

Thanks in advance.

"If I reinstalled xp, would all my pre-factory installed things like 'nero' gone as well"...

Yes, but you may have no other choice... When you reinstall XP please do a full format and not a quick format

bear , if you're still having this problem we need to confirm Virut:

Win32/heur, sin32/virut, Vundo B & Trohan Generic 15. AUWC

Virut is a Polymorphic File Infector that infects .EXE and .SCR files. It opens a Backdoor by connecting to a predefined IRC Server and waits for commands from the remote attacker

And I can say anything better or different than what you can read here:
http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2009/02/virut-and-other-file-infectors-throwing.html

Change all of your passwords and monitor any online transactions.
So don't waste you time - Don't look for 'guaranteed removals'- there aren't any.

Before we can continue please do the following:

• Make sure to use Internet Explorer for this
  • Please go to VirSCAN.org FREE on-line scan service
  • Copy and paste the following file path into the "Suspicious files to scan" box on the top of the page:
    • c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
  • Click on the Upload button
  • If a pop-up appears saying the file has been scanned already, please select the ReScan button.
  • Once the Scan is completed, click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button. This will copy the link of the report into the Clipboard.
  • Paste the contents of the Clipboard in your next reply.
Also scan these,

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

If Virut is confirmed, I will recommend a reformat/reinstall right up front. but if it not confirmed, perhaps we can clean some of it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back