TechSpot

Win32:Mohga.trj need some help

By ru1thirst
Aug 3, 2008
  1. Well first the Monga.trj and I think I've tried all the cleaning from fixiedef to smithfraud, to spybot s&d.
    I also ran Avast scan and cleaned what that found. I turned of system recovery before doing all this and ran in safe mode. No I'm getting avast popping up with the prompt: "C:\r813.bat" file is supicious or something like that.
    So I've ran a HJT and attached the log.
    Does anybody have any suggestions?
    I'm trying to cleanup this computer of a friends and its starting to drive me crazy.
    Thanks for any input or suggestions.

2. ru1thirst

ru1thirst TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 78

I just removed the run of ckvo.exe
    I remembered see that is my searches about this problem so maybe its clean now.
    I've attached a new scan

3. ru1thirst

Just realized I posted this in the wrong area. Can an admin move this to the Malware area?
    I don't want to double post and be a problem.

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +645

5. ru1thirst

Thanks Julio.
    I know the double post was a bad idea but I'm running out of time until I have to bring this machine back to the owner.

6. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

what do you mean bring it back to the owner - do you run a shop or get paid to fix these?

7. ru1thirst

No, like I mentioned in the original post, was cleaning up a machine as a favor for a friend.
    Why? Got some business for me. I'm sure I can screw up yours too. Bring it on!

8. Blind Dragon

No, I just wanted to check as I don't like people making money off of the extensive time I have put into learning what I have. Also, I have seen a number of people in the past that work in shops and use us to make money

please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM log
    2)SAS log
    3)Hijackthis log (last step)

9. ru1thirst

Oh, I see. Ya, that makes sense.
    No, I know enough to just be able to know what programs to use to do basic clean ups but when something has me fooled, I've been coming here for help for a long time and learn something with each visit.
    Thanks and keep up the good work.

10. Blind Dragon

No problem, I look forward to seeing your logs and helping

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.