win32k.sys error

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here's the scoop
I had a fully operation pc before this happened. I switched my motherboard to the asus p5n32-e sli 680i. At first i had ram issues, my friend told me that i had to change some settings in the bios for this ram to work properly, that's fine now. so now i have windows installed and when i have the cpu loading at a moderate rate windows will crash and go to the blue error screen. the error that i get is the following

"the problem seems to be caused by the following file: win32k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

technical info:
STOP: 0x00000050 (0xDEC6AAd8, 0x00000000, 0xbf821554, 0x00000000)

win32k.sys - address BF821554 base at BF800000. "

i have no clue what this means, how can i fix this?
i don't think this is a faulty install of windows because i have the original disk and i have installed it 4 times now and i still get this error

Boot to your Windows install disk. Access the "Recovery Console" and once ou reach the c:\ prompt, type CHKDSK and let that run. Reboot afterwards.

sorry about that bakon420,first make sure u do a fully reset of your BIOS,then set other settings but not ram overclock.then try again.if it fail try using memtest86 to see if your Ram is ok.because it might be damaged during the overclock.if u find any errors,then u will have to change it.its not your os but that is a hardware problem.that motherboard needs new hardware.wish u luck.Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back