Inactive Win64/patched virus, malware - How do I remove this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past couple of weeks, I have been getting the above popup: Win64/patched. c:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll virus/malware. I have AVG security suite and malwarebytes. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, virus removal software, I also have Windows defender (turned off as AVG covers most issues).This keeps coming up as an AVG security threat which cannot be removed. How do I fix this????!! I use Windows 7.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Thank you for your assistance. Unfortunately as I try to follow your instructions, my computer shuts down and restarts often in the middle of completing a task. The usual reason seems to be that Windows Security Center has shut down and needs to be restarted. This does cause me not to reply in a timely manner. There is only so much time I have to work on this as there are other things in life that need doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back