1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Win7 install - no drivers working

By Mooshie
Feb 25, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. Hi Team

I have a Dell E7470 Latitude with a fresh install of Win7 via USB.
    Unfortunately I dont have any drivers working for the USB ports, wifi or for the Network/Ethernet
    Most drivers are not working.
    I've downloaded the correct drivers for my device and are on a USB but how do I get it from the USB onto the Laptop???
    I can boot the laptop from the USB but I dont know how to copy the files across
    Could someone please help! Thanks!!!!

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 2,083   +391

Careful. Fresh install of Win7 will require many, many updates before it is really installed. It takes me several days. Reboot and manually seek 'upgrades' for Win7 from Microsoft. Each request will give you 30-40 updates. You need to allow the update to be fully installed. Then do it again (and again and again) until there are not more updates. For laptops, be sure power is on from the adapter - this process exceeds any battery life.

3. Mooshie

Mooshie TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your info, I am aware of the updates however this doesn't really help me right now as I cant get any drivers installed onto the laptop to get the updates. Any assistance towards how to copy the files from the USB stick to the Laptop would be appreciated. Thanks

4. Mooshie

Mooshie TS Rookie Topic Starter

Cancel this... I finally worked it out via the command prompt while booting win7 from USB.