Win7 randomly freezing

Hey Zeus

So I have only experienced this while playing CoD4. I will be playing and the computer will randomly freeze up.

Windows 7 ultimate
Intel E6700 3.20ghz
4gb ram
64 bit
Rampage Formula motherboard
Radeon HD4650

Here is the report:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004D0B038
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Attached are my 2 dump files. This is driving me INSANE!

Attachments

• 081511-24585-01.zip
    11 KB · Views: 0
  • 081511-35006-01.zip
    11 KB · Views: 0
Do you receive these BSODs at any other time? What are your system temperatures like when you are playing?

0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking).

Anything oc'ed like your video card?

0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking).

Anything oc'ed like your video card?

No sir, nothing is overclocked. I have had this video card in a previous computer and did not have these issues... I never downloaded any drivers (windows did it all automatically), could it be possible that I have a bad driver?

I am looking in my device manager, and under other devices I have "Multimedia Audio Controller" with an orange triangle beside it. Here is a picture, could this be it?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!lQE3HQfDjtZBOBB5MMzFg~~0_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqJ,!lQE3HQfDjtZBOBB5MMzFg~~0_12.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 2
Yes, that certainly could be the issue. Are you using onboard sound or do you have a dedicated sound card?

Yes, that certainly could be the issue. Are you using onboard sound or do you have a dedicated sound card?

I have a dedicated sound card I believe. This motherboard has no on board but came with a sound card.

Apparently I had another sound card plugged in, I removed that and the Device Manager warning went away. Going to test and see if I still get lock ups.

Okay, that helps lend clarity because the driver cited as causing the problem is igxpdx32.dll and this is an audio driver. My best guess is audio driver conflict resulting in system crashes.

Still getting lock ups when playing CoD4, but not getting any when playing Battlefield 2 (both requiring about the same requirements for computer specs).

Update your audio drivers.

I believe that is what the problem is.

I took out the stock sound card and replaced it with the soundcard I removed earlier, downloaded drivers for it, and have not had a problem since.

Thanks for your help man!

Back