Win98 quicklaunch moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbhall

Heres an odd thing - at work, a users Win98 PC had various things like a windows theme installed, along with Tweakui (a fairly late version, but like all the others, will not uninstall). I had to get this 'illegal' setup back to standard configuration, which amongst other things involved a re-install of Win98se on top of the existing copy.

Having restored the windows settings, colours, etc to standard, and wrestled control of the toolbar menu back from Tweakui, I'm left with one oddity. I want the toolbar 'quick launch' to be in it's standard position at the left-hand end of the taskbar, but it appears and will not move from the right-hand end, and running applications appear to the left of it.

Any suggestions welcome.

gbhall said:
but it appears and will not move from the right-hand end, and running applications appear to the left of it.

Any suggestions welcome.

Just had to try this on the XP but it worked, there should be next to the QLB a line, you move your mouse onto it so it turns into a double headed arrow, then left click and hold and drag it across to the start button.

Fiddly little thing it was but I got it back in the end.....

worked ok

Well, I had already tried dragging several times, but not RIGHT OVER the start button, which seems to do the trick. Answers on a postcard please, is this....

(a) a clever trick by Microsoft
(b) and utterly *****ic trick by Microsoft
(c) something Microsoft have no idea works
(d) something Microsoft did not intend to work
(e) a deliberate secret by Microsoft, such that if you can remember it, you become a Microsoft MVP (Most Valued Professional).

Either way, Ididmyc600, you are first to win the prize, thanks....

P.S. MVP is not a joke, it is a real award

gbhall said:
Well, I had already tried dragging several times, but not RIGHT OVER the start button,

Either way, Ididmyc600, you are first to win the prize, thanks...

Thank you, i'll expect my prize first post in the morning then shall I ??:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back