WinAMP 5 Beta 2 download

By Julio Franco
Oct 29, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I must admit I have went back to the wonder of WinAMP 2.9x again just because I feel like I can't handle one slowdown caused by a media player, even then WinAMP 5 seems to be right on track and IMO is already, on its beta form, way better than version 3 fiasco, now Beta 2 is available for download.

Mirror 1 | 2.
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 6,520   +311

The new beta version is working much better than the first one, less slowdowns (nearing 2.x levels maybe = none) and a few bugs that have been corrected, this program is WAY on track.
  3. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Keep us posted!

After the disappointments with the 3.x I've stuck with 2.81, and are not interested in changing before I know 5.0 is ready...

Ok, maybe I sound a bit lazy and disillusioned, but is that so strange when winamp is running 24/7..

BTW: Does 5.0 have the same shortcuts as the 2.x series? ("x" play, "c" pause etc, and "num5" play" "num 7" skip 5 sec backwards etc) That is one great feature with winamp.
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

It does have the same shortcuts. Also, it hasn't crashed at all, which is more than I can say for Winamp 3 final. :)

It runs very well and looks pretty well put together for a beta.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.