TechSpot

WinAMP 5 Beta 2 download

By Julio Franco
Oct 29, 2003
  1. I must admit I have went back to the wonder of WinAMP 2.9x again just because I feel like I can't handle one slowdown caused by a media player, even then WinAMP 5 seems to be right on track and IMO is already, on its beta form, way better than version 3 fiasco, now Beta 2 is available for download.

Mirror 1 | 2.

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 7,000   +591

The new beta version is working much better than the first one, less slowdowns (nearing 2.x levels maybe = none) and a few bugs that have been corrected, this program is WAY on track.

3. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

Keep us posted!

After the disappointments with the 3.x I've stuck with 2.81, and are not interested in changing before I know 5.0 is ready...

Ok, maybe I sound a bit lazy and disillusioned, but is that so strange when winamp is running 24/7..

BTW: Does 5.0 have the same shortcuts as the 2.x series? ("x" play, "c" pause etc, and "num5" play" "num 7" skip 5 sec backwards etc) That is one great feature with winamp.

4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

It does have the same shortcuts. Also, it hasn't crashed at all, which is more than I can say for Winamp 3 final. :)

It runs very well and looks pretty well put together for a beta.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.