winantiviruspro & other random pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen these posts all over the web, but it seems like you need to post your personal HJT log inorder to get the right help. I thought I got rid of everything...I am running AVGfree, and spybot, and I use Modzilla 99% of the time. I suddenly got one of those pop-up automatic installer, but I was able to cancel it...but I still some stuff got thru. I scanned the whole computer, deleted all the files and I went through the regisitry deleting suspicious stuff and ran HiJackThis and killed maybe 2 programs. From what I can see, my computer is clean...but it still get those random popups. Sometimes it's winantiviruspro, some times it's some IP address and the page doesn't load....etc.

Here is my HJT log. I hope one of you guys can help me. Also, what programs can I use to completely prevent this from happening again. It has happened before, even with all the pop-up blocker, anti-spyware and antivirus programs.

Thanks!!

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

It appears that you are infected with the Vundo trojan, which I'm pretty sure is causing the WinAntiVirus popups.

Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If you decide to clean your system after reading the above thread, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of Violat0rX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system does have a Vundo infection. You`re also running an outdated version of HJT. See HERE for the latest version.

Follow the instructions given by kitty500cat and post the requested logfiles as attachments.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Violat0rX only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back