Window XP activation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating Windows XP activation

How can I contact Microsoft and change my activation status? I have not changed my computer nor my motherboard yet I have to activate everytime I reinstall WindowsXP. Nothing has changed and even the new harddrive for over a year.

Unless you have bought a recent copy of WindowsXP to reactivate you must call in and get that long # and tell them that you are using WindowsXP on the same computer as before.

According to Microsoft I should be able to keep the same activation key as long as I don't change computers.

Jim

Hello, jhmac77, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

I don't quite understand the purpose of this thread, are you having a problem or are you warning other XP users?

If I read your post correctly, you are not unable to activate but just want to not have to activate each time you reinstall Windows XP. I don't think you can change that. It's built into XP.

If I've misunderstood and you are having problems activating, then follow Cinders' post

If no hardware has changed you can just activate online, it will pass activation. If it doesn't pass, it will give you a phone number you can call to get it activated.

Edit: Please don't triple post. This took me 5 minutes to clean up the mess you made here. Also please don't PM moderators with questions when you can just post the question for the general public to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back