Windows 10 and USB 3.0

stewi0001

TechSpot Elite
Here's a story for you. I have been trying to get into more of 3D modeling an animation so I can do more modding for Fallout 4 and Skyrim. My friend has a Xbox one Kinect, that I am borrowing so I can do some 3D scanning and motion capturing. After installing the drivers and what not, I could not get my computer to recognize the Kinect. All I could find in my research was that it has to be plugged into a USB 3.0 port. Yup, I made sure of that and even tried different ones. I made sure USB 3.0 is enabled in the BIOS. Now this is the fun part. I checked out device manager and there are no USB 3.0 drivers... what the heck!? (FYI my computer used to have Windows 7 and I "upgraded" to 10.) Did some more online digging, Intel does not have a USB 3.0 driver for Windows 10....... o.o" Windows 10 has been out for a while now and there is still no driver for it!?

So that is my abridge version of my story. If any of you know of any solutions, workarounds or have the same problem. Feel free to enlighten me.

Not sure how to fix that problem... I have a Windows 10 PC & it supports USB 3.0, The only thing I can think of is if the PC Came with A older windows OS. At that time only 2.0 or 1.0 drivers might have existed, So you might want to get USB 3.0 drivers installed.

Hope it helps

Back