Windows 10 ati radeon xpress 200 driver

I can't install windows 10 since it thinks this driver is not compatible. I am running Windows 7 Professional SP1. Current driver Version is ati radeon xpress 200 ver 8.501.0.0 dated 6/2/2008. Microsoft update catalog http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=Ati radeon xpress 200 series shows an updated driver of 8/29/2008 8.531.0.0 but when attempting to update Windows says that the installed driver doesn't need to be updated.

AMD states:
Windows® 10 will install the default Microsoft® Basic Display Driver (MBDD) for these graphics adapters. MBDD provides basic display functionality (low resolutions and color) on a single monitor but DOES NOT support:
  • Display scaling control
  • Multiple displays
  • Display rotation
  • Video capture
  • Power settings
  • VSync control
  • Brightness control on integrated display panels
  • AMD Catalyst™ Control Center

But windows 10 won't install due to incompatibility check.

Any ideas would help.

Thanks, Rick

Good idea Robhaans. The media creation tool will allow you to make a Windows 10 DVD to be used to install Windows "clean"

Have an HP laptop with ATI Radeon Mobilty Xpress 200 card. Windows 10 would bail out in upgrade mode when seeing this video card with no driver available, and revert back to Win 7. (This also messed up my OEM Key for Win 7 and deactivated it!)
Seeing there were no Win 10 drivers, yet some older drivers for Vista that was told would work, I downloaded the Vista 32 bit driver. In Win7 I went into Device Manager, Display Adapter and into the Driver properties. I chose the "roll back driver" tab and it installed a Standard VGA Driver for the card. Upgrade to Win 10 went smooth then, with it installing the generic low end driver. Screen resolution was way off, though. But I could then 'Update" the driver in the same place I rolled it back, and directed it to the Vista driver. Loaded and worked great!

Back