Windows 10 cumulative update kb3081424 not installing

stansfield

Am unable install this large update. Have tried several posted fixes I.e registry fix to delete orphaned account(there wasn't one), install update standalone(didn't work), applying windows update fix(didn't work)
and also amending windows update service(didn't work).
It appears that quite a few people are having this problem and some of these remedies work and others don't. Anyone with the same problem and ideas how to fix?

Should be a Non-problem now:)
Thanks but academic now. Have been using w10 since the first preview and even after modifying to my taste have realized its full of crap for which I have no use!
I found the amount of info sent to MS unbelievable before disabling the privacy options and I now discover that even if I do this plus my own restrictions , w10 still calls home with God knows what! Just check tcp eye and see the connections! only thing that stops it is Peerblock but would need a long whitelist to use that.
I want an operating system of my own, not shared with MS and not acting as a sales
device directing me to the store! OK for teenage facebook users and music afficianados but not for a mature user like myself! Review on this site shows little difference in performance between w10 and w7 which has all the essential barebones without the large amount of gimmicky and catch-all stuff in w10. Funnily enough, was able to mold w8.1 into quite a decent OS for my purposes but W10 is a step too far! That's my moan over but thanks for your response.

Okay, well said. I too, am a mature user... I remember Windows 3.1 and I worked with a Digital PDP8 in the 70's... I have worked with several Windows 10 previews, and after many "clean" installs, I have a stable Windows 10 Pro on a 2TB Raid 1 array:)

I also have a stable W10 pro/64 on a trial computer but took a lot of time to remove so much unwanted stuff and still not happy with it. Powershell was very good and flexible for deleting items. Still not going to be my workhorse.
my computer experience started with the onset of dedicated flight planning computers for aircraft. Panam and Alitalia.

Back