Windows 10 dual boot

Hello all, I am trying to install Windows 7 alongside Windows 10 on a new HP Spectre laptop. The installation stops as it requests some drivers which do not seem to be present on the bootable USB drive I've created from Windows 7 ISO file. Can anything be done? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much

Firstly, I reckon that if you have Windows 10 you have nothing to gain from Windows 7. I do run Windows 10 and XP on the same computer but use VMWare Workstation 12 Player (free) to run XP as a guest system within the Host OS Windows 10. With that method you can add additional OS that boot up like programs within Window 10. A big advantage is that your Windows 10 OS is less likely to develop problems.

I run Win7 and Win10 both on my TVPC, an older A8 with a 750Ti GPU. Both OSes are on separate physical drives, however. That should work every time.

I'd be interested to know why you have set things up like that. You have an extra hard drive in there with Windows 7 but what is it doing that makes this worthwhile?

I'd be interested to know why you have set things up like that. You have an extra hard drive in there with Windows 7 but what is it doing that makes this worthwhile?

Because when I built the computer, Windows 10 wasn't out yet. And when it did come out, I wanted to transition over and make sure it was a viable alternative, while still having all my games and programs rock-solid (especially for work). So I kept the Win7 install and added a second drive, which I needed anyway for storage, and have slowly migrated to Win10.

Thanks for explaining. So far, I've found that everything that ran in W7 still works in W10. I wouldn't be without XP though.

Back