Windows 10 ISO will not recognize my product key

davisjaron

So to bypass the waiting game for the new windows 10 upgrade, I went to the microsoft website and downloaded the available ISO. I am positive I have the correct version but when I put in my product key, it says product key does not work. I tried running lazesoft key finder and used the "product key" it found, which strangely was different from the one printed on the sticker on my PC, but it didn't work either.

I'm running:
Windows 7 home premium x64

I downloaded:
Windows 10 home x64 ISO

Any ideas why it gave me that error?

UPDATE:
Ive tried this disc on 3 PCs now and none worked

Attachments

• doesntwork.png
    doesntwork.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I just read on micrsoft technet website that product key of windows 7 cannot activate Windows 10 its uses it own product key .
here you can read full information that how to activate windows 10 and product key working
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Right. During the install it isn't that clear, in fact, during the 10 install I entered my 7 Pro key because I was installing 10 Pro and it didn't work. Left it blank and continued. Once I got into 10 all was good and it was activated.

Two days ago I tired of waiting too but didn't download the ISO. You can jump the queue by downloading Microsoft's Media Creation Tool. This will set in motion the download and automatic validation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Windows 10 is now installed on my atom netbook as an upgrade from Windows 8.1. The start of the process identified me by name and after a couple of hours everything was completed. I kept all my documents and programs. Apart from a complaint from Samsung's Magician software about the screen resolution not being supported everything seems to be OK.

I suggest that you do not download the Windows 10 ISO directly unless you are happy to tackle validation issues.

Back