Windows 10 slow boot

My machine will not boot up properly.. I done a "tweaked" version of Black Viper' config. and now the machine wont boot to specs. It will only go to the screen before the "windows enter user password screen".. a blue screen with circling dots.

but after it takes ten or so minutes I am able to mash all kind of keys to bring up the option to enter my password and all runs well..

what service did I change to cause this catastrophe?

Also, im actually tired of the attendance label under the nic..
nm, to hell with that.. ive been here since this was even considered a "here".
search my Steam account. Been a gamer for a while, but this is over me.
9yr ol'_kid

Let us know when you figure it out....could be almost anything.

As to HOW to do that, suggest you run services.msc on a neighboring computer and adjust yours to 'agree'.

Or find a kindly restore point.

"Black Viper" runs a great site. He warns users about doing too much - especially all at once. I have messed up my system with too much tweaking, too.

Your best bet to unravel this is a restore. Otherwise, you can look at a clean set of 'services' on another machine while you adjust yours back to working order. Or, you could go back to Black Viper and shift services back to the DEFAULT column or to the SAFE column - all dozens of them.

Nobody knows ' what service did I change to cause this catastrophe '.

Had similar problem after upgrade to win 10 from 8.1. I have ssd cache drive with H97 chipset m/b, and went from 12 second boot in win 8.1 to over 100 seconds and sluggish system performance. Upgraded drivers with latest Intel RST and Intel chipset drivers to remove the Microsoft certified drivers that presumably came with win 10 upgrade and now down to 11 seconds. Your situation may be slightly different to mine, but may be worth considering. Yes, using any fast boot bios settings or the hidden fast boot option under power buttons (mentioned commonly on the web to fix this problem, but it didn't with me) is worth a try, but the biggest difference in my circumstance was the intel driver updates.

When I was with IBM, we frequently chided one another with "If it aint broken, don't fixit".
Another hint when altering settings, especially when you get one from a site and you're taking the changes in blind faith,
always create a System Restore Point first.

Back