Windows 10 user login?

steelth

So I updated my windows 7 to windows 10 , while on my admin acct.But when windows 10 boots up its on my kids acct. and I don't see the admin acct. anymore . I have only found confusing info on this topic . Could someone tell me where it is or how to get it back. Thx alot

I've found the same thing and I don't think you can do much apart from have all your account logins via a Microsoft as opposed to a local account. My desktop has two admin accounts and only one has a Microsoft log in. If the other user with the local account was the last one to use the computer it always boots directly into that account. If it was me who used it last I get the screen offering a choice of accounts at boot up. To start with I thought there was a glitch but I think now that it's just the way it has to be.

Last edited:
What aggravated me is it forced me to change my previous logon password. If I could do a system restore to get rid of the current one, I'd do such. :)

It looks a thorough article Cobalt006 but I found my eyes glazing over before I got halfway. Things are working OK so I'm not going to tempt fate by meddling with Windows 10 unless something is obviously not right. I can now understand why there has to be a difference between a local account sign in and a Microsoft account sign in.

Bazz2004 can not say . I don't blame for not wanting to. This was just for info. To help . From what I have tried so far . It works about the same as win8.1. Win Ten is not not up to par. Not going to install it just yet on my main computer.

If I knew a system restore would take care of it, I might try it but then again, I dunno. Might have to leave it as is. :( :) Nothing is pefect :)

I tend to be a bit behind the curve with innovations on computers but I'm certainly not going to rubbish Windows 10. It's an impressive effort to recover from previous mistakes and they have listened to feedback. I can't be bothered with swatting it up up yet but it looks to me that Windows 10 will link computers and the Cloud via Microsoft accounts. By using local accounts our computers work just like they did in Windows 7. There's no problem there because it was almost as nice as XP :). However, Microsoft are on a mission to join up their OS across multiple platforms and the launch of Windows 10 phones in the near future is going to be a major event for them. I'm thinking that's why we need to grin and bear the logging in complications.

Am I thinking on the right lines here or am I way of course?

Bazz 2004 I am am in agreement there. With your line of thinking. As far as rubbishingWin 10. Just give yourself sometime with it. It is a new os. Still has some issues. But from what I have read about. Microsoft will send updates to it to build on it. So at some point. The issue should be corrected.

Microsoft accounts in windows 10 appear to be of the 'limited user' type, at least on my windows 10 machines upgrade from windows 8.1...
from an admin local account, you can elevate the limited user msa to an admin...

Back