Windows 10 x32 on ACER ASPIRE ONE D270

The title says it all.
Is this possible?
According to Microsoft the INtel Grafics media accelerator 3600 is not windows 10 ready.
Should I try anyway?

You can try. But my guess is you will have no graphics. Do to win ten not having a driver for your graphics chip. You might be better off staying with your old OS.

I did read this up and the problem is that Intel decided that they wouldn't write new drivers for this graphics chip for Windows 10. At best the graphics would be likely not as good or as Cobalt warns non existent. I'm fond of my Samsung netbook and am always looking for ways to boost its performance. Unfortunately the fact that most can only be upgraded to 2Gb ram maximum is a big limitation. As I use mine for browsing I'd point you towards a browser that is faster than most - Maxthon Nitro. I love Firefox but my netbook struggles with it. Nitro is performing a lot faster.

Thank you,
As you say Maxthon nitro is "blazing" fast even on the ACER ASPIRE ONE D270
Thank you for your reaction.
Nice WE
Marc

The issue afaik is that windows 10 isn't going to like the x600 resolution. I have the D250 and it came with 7 Starter. I couldn't get 8 on it because the screen resolution sucks. I remember trying a beta of 8 on it when I had the drive partitioned and it worked, so its completely an artificial limitation.

for an idea on how to try and make it work at least initially... I'd hook up an external monitor to the VGA out, make sure the output is working, then boot up with the external working.

The standard netbook resolution for a netbook was 1024x600. That did make for problems when upgrading to W8.1 from W7 Starter but there was a registry hack that enabled users to get round it. I found that the picture on the screen was slightly flattened but acceptable. I don't think that the issue with the Intel chipset relates to that because the 3600 issue isn't just with netbooks..

Thank you for the advice.
I will stay with WIN 7 Starter.
Have a nice weekend.
Marc
Install Windows 10 32bit, then install the 32bit Intel GMA drivers for Windows 7. Windows 10 is compatible with Windows 7 drivers, I do it all the time.

Thank you for the advice.
I will stay with WIN 7 Starter.
Have a nice weekend.
Marc
You can try, some Windows 7 and 8.1 drivers will work on 10. No harm in trying. For the Intel GMA Win10 some have some builtin drivers.

Back