Windows 2000: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am working on behalf of my client who has a PC through us. He's been getting the above error quite a lot, and I would like to know how I could do about it. Below is a section of the minidump for the file.

-----------------------------------------------------

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
Either driver or hardware issue
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 75044189, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, value 0 = read op, 1 = write op
Arg4: 75044189, address which referenced memory

-----------------------------------------------------

Now, notice that the Arg1 and the Arg4 are the same value, which has confused me, as m. We haven't installed any new hardware, and haven't updated any drivers (it's a standalone machine that isn't connected to the internet). Any ideas on where to start looking for problems, or any suggestions that could be fixed, would be highly appreciative.

Can you use system restore?

You could backup your data, run system restore to backtrack untill the problem started occuring, and then see whats different:)

Regards,

Korrupt

Thanks for your swift reply

But Windows 2000 does not have a version of System Restore, plus as we don't access the PC on a daily basis (it belongs to a client that we design the website for), we don't know when these problems started the client itself is unsure.

The PC runs a show at a local tourist attraction. What happens is that the PC reboots at various intervals, causing the show to stop and it writes a minidump. Any ideas on where to look to begin to fixing the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back