Windows 2000 Prof / SP4 / 0x000000e3 BSOD error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been struggling with this for a while now and can't resolve the problem, so if you can help, I'd appreciate it.

This problem began perhaps 3 months ago and takes the form of seemingly random BSOD which can occur at any time.

Here the event log summary;

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000e3 (0x811d2aa4, 0xff02f5e0, 0x00000000, 0x00000002). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini012407-01.dmp.

You can find five minidump logs here;

I've taken to powering this laptop down at the end of each day to save on fragmentation that occurs from a nightly BSOD.

Many thanks in advance

Thanks for taking a look at this. I did setup the Microsoft debugging tools but to be honest I didn't get beyond your point about things pointing to NTOSKRNL.EXE. Beyond that and I'm a bit lost.

I have seen the articles you've posted and found that my ntfs.sys file is version 5.0.2195.7049, as is the file in the dll cache.

I'd prefer to not have to reinstall the O/S as I'm not sure if there's a way to preserve the software hive and so all currently installed software registrations.

Thanks anyway.

Ok e_sock,

"I've been struggling with this for a while now and can't resolve the problem, so if you can help, I'd appreciate it"

Start backing up important data. Your minidumps are all identical pointing to a non-descript error with NTOSKRNL.EXE. This doesn't tell us enough to do anything else but format the C drive and reinstall Win2K. You could get another drive, place it as C, install Win2K fresh and place the old drive as D. Copy whatever files you need off of D and put them on the new C drive

Thanks for your reply.

Before I commit to a reinstall, would it make any difference if I were to change the type of error reporting from 64k dumps to complete memory dumps in terms of gaining extra information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back