Windows 2000 StartUp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing about in services in win2k the other day and I disabled something that stopped the preparing network connnections window appearing on bootup....but for some reason it has started to apear again:confused: :confused: and I cant remember what it was that I disabled in services to stop it.... if some kind person could tell me what I disabled or know how to stop the preparing network connections window appearing on bootup I would really appreciate it.

I have looked everywhere but have had no luck

Thanks Ste.

Its cool to mess with things you don't understand, after all that's how we all learn, but at least remember what you did.

Anyway, its likely that you turned off "Network Connections" service, or something. Then some process with more knowledge about the OS probably turned it back on when it needed it.

That section of the boot is where things like requests for dynamically assigned IP addresses from DHCP servers are asked for via broadcast, checking in with any configured DNS servers, etc....

....Are you actually on a network and having problems? If not, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

If you have any problems using a network later, post back and we will help you and treat it as a seperate post.

For now I think all will be well, but if you are going to change things remember what they were so that you can change them back. Also, not all changes are reversible. Please remember that. Its better just to read the help topics on a control you are unsure of first, rather than to just try it. Especially if you don't know what it does and it looks complicated.

Thank you for the help Phantasm66 much appreciated....Im not connected to a network....its Just my standalone PC with an ADSL connection....the only reason I was trying to stop the connections window appearing was to shorten the time of windows starting up....

Thank you.:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back