Windows 3.1 discs anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanwilson6

Is there any possible way for me to aquire a set of Windows 3.1 discs for a 486 computer? It can't run 95 with anything resembling speed...

I think you can buy it at a computer store like a small one, not like circuit city. but I think you should trash the 486 comp and get a nice HP or dell comp.

Got them.

The eBay worked. $2. I can do that.
I actually have an Alienware laptop and a nice custom desktop, but I'm doing some Linux work on my graveyard computers. So...

To deviate a little...

Is Windows 3.0 runnable on a 486?

evanwilson6 said:
The eBay worked. $2. I can do that.
I actually have an Alienware laptop and a nice custom desktop, but I'm doing some Linux work on my graveyard computers. So...

To deviate a little...

Is Windows 3.0 runnable on a 486?

yes win 3x can run on a 386 CPU just make sure you have at least 8mb RAM. Most 486 computers shipped with 16mb ram so you should be ok unless it was a realy cheap computer to begin with. A 486 should be able to run win 95 properly if you have 16 mb RAM (32mb is better with 95).If the CPU still has the stock CPU cooler you might want to replace it since heatsinks and fans in the 486 era did little for cooling due to their poor desing. Here's a link for a 486 cooler http://www.compuvest.com/Description.jsp?iid=83894

ahh the good old days of the "managers" program manger, print manager.

Brings back good memories, when we thought 32MB RAM was really pushing it.
lol

...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back