Windows 7 64-bit, frequent BSOD

Hi,

I'm running windows 7 64-bit
Videocard: ATi Radeon HD 5770
CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.2 Ghz
MotherBoard: ASUS P7P55D PRO
RAM: 4 x 2GB corsair DDR3
PSU: Stealth Stream 700W

I dont know the brand of my HDD but i have 2 x 1tb HDD that are RAID 0. and SATA controller

BSOD usually happen when i'm installing something or using a browser. BSOD error msg varies greatly.

All videocard drivers are updated,
All windows updates are installed
and Chipset drivers are updated
I've already replaced my RAM from OCZ to COSSAIR thinking it was faulty but no change.

Please advise if you need more information. Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Four different minidumps and four different errors all citing Windows OS drivers as the cause. The problem with OS drivers is that they are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. They more or less tell us their is problem rather than telling pointing to what the problem is.

However one error code of signicance is 0x000000E3: RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED
Various failures involving the NTFS file system cause this condition, as explained in the individual articles below. (All documented causes involve actual bugs in Windows.)

Another error code is 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

Do the following:

1. Run a complete system scan for viruses, trojans, malware, etc.

2. ChkDsk on your harddrive. Start > Run > ChkDsk > Okay. tell us if in stage 2 if it says recovering lost files.

3. If needed, defrag your harddrive but not before doing step 4.

4. Find the make of your harddrive and go to the manufacture's website where you should be able to finsd a free harddrive diagnostics utility. Run the SMART, Short, and especially the Long tests. You need to burn the file to a CD and place the disk in your CD drive and reboot. You may have to place your CD/DVD drive as first bootable in your BIOS.

Back