Windows 7 64bit BAD_POOL_HEADER

Hi there,
my PC started to crash with a bsod yesterday :(
PC is Win7 64bit on E8400, 4GB G-Skill RAM, HD4870, GA-EP45DS3, several Samsung HDD
The first time it was yesterday while opening a pdf my boss sent me in Opera 11 with thepdfxchange viewer plugin. The second time a restart later when I checked if it was recreatable - it was.

Today it crashed again while choosing another pdf to send per mail and again while trying to pack it into a .zip to see if that would change the behaviour.
After that Win7 goes BSOD simply after some minutes after boot - only safe mode without networking seems to work longer.

Every bluescreen was BAD_POOL_HEADER stop 0x00[...]019

I attached the three dumpfiles from the first crashes and the very last one and the debug logs I created make from these with the Microsoft debugging tools.

Hopefully, someone here is able to help me.

Nearly forgot: I ran memtest86+ for one complete pass without errors.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    23.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Minidump.zip
    81.9 KB · Views: 2
I solved it. It was probably related to a broken font which got installed with a math-prog. Opening any pdf/doc/writing related broken resulted in the same bad_pool_header bluescreen. Also opening the windows\fonts folder made the computer crash. I copied the folder from another computer but to no avail.
Restoring the system to a restore points on saturday (before said installation) fixed it.

So I'd guess it was caused by one of the math fonts which were installed and are not included in windows (in that case copying the fonts folder would already have helped).

Hopefully this helps someone if he googles it :)

I'm having the exact same problem with pdf xchange BSOD crashing due to bad pool header. Tried the font window and it caused another bsod. wtfont!

Back