Windows 7 build 7601 not genuine

RockLobsterP00

I recently got a satellite L755 toshiba laptop for chrismas (hand me down) he got it from aarons rental and it says it is not a genuine windows. it keeps having pop ups saying this and it is really anoying the activation code is a wrong format apparently I dont know how to fix this and im not going to buy a new windows 7. the code is in a format like this with # being a number and A being a letter.
#####-AAA-#######-#####

The activation code should be on a sticker underneath the laptop. Belarc Advisor is a free utility you can download that will find your installation key for Windows.

FWIW, all of my Windows 7 machines have a product code of five sets of five mixed characters, that is 25 characters in all. Like this: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

1. I have tried to re-input the code 5 times now. 2. He has had the computer for about a year and there is no restore points from when he first got it. 3. On my computer there is no Show more options point in the activation program so I cant use the call service.

I do not know about te recovery partitions or the OS. I have contacted support from windows and toshiba and it looks like to fix it I will just have to buy I knew windows key which is unbeleivably dumb

Thank you I have found the key and this is what it says when I put it in the activation slot : error code 0xc004E003
It means the key is already in use. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...duct-key/09f326fe-fbcd-4a95-b08a-32a0c4e8d7aa

It may be just possible that the OS license originally installed on your laptop has been transferred to a newer laptop, without removing it from the one you now have. That would make your copy an illegal copy, unfortunately. Basically, if there is no license sticker on the bottom of the laptop, you are out of luck.

Last edited:
That sounds highly likely. You can sometimes buy unused or deactivated Windows 7 retail keys on eBay. It pays to be cautious but I bought one sometime ago for a laptop which had no hard drive.. There were no issues. You can even download a legitimate Microsoft Windows 7 ISO and burn your own disc if you want to do a fresh install but of course you still need the COA.

Back