Windows 7 can't boot

bielius

Hey, I got this kind of strange problem.
I downloaded the Windows 8 CP and dual booted it with Windows 7.
Now yesterday on the windows 8 i downloaded skype, Avast. I turned off the pc and next day, windows 7 can't boot. Boot menu opens up, I choose windows 7 and the screen is black, no matter what I do.
I already deleted Avast and Skype from WIndows 8 CP, used EasyBCD to repair my boot startup thing, But it still can't boot normally.

Maybe you know what is the problem?

Thanks in ADvance!

EDIT:
System specs: Intel Celeron B810 2core @ 1.66Ghz
4GB RAM
HD3000 Graphics

By the way, The windows 7 Is 64bit, but 8 CP is 32bit.
The dual boot worked like a charm when i used the Developer Preview, and the first days of CP, but now it stopped working as it should...

I am running a Windows 8CP and Windows 7 dual boot. They are both 64-bit OS's. Why are you running Windows 8 Consumer Preview 32-bit? This may be the issue here. You can download the 64-bit version for free. I have Windows 8CP loaded on another hard drive. I like Windows 8CP, but on a desktop, and no touch screen, it's a bit awkward to navigate. Everything works except, my Outlook Mail

Well because i had problems allocating a partition with more than 17GB in space, so i knew 32bit will take less space on the harddrive.. yeah, maybe that is the problem..

Sounds like it is time to clean up that hard drive, or get a another. I never put 2 operating systems on one hard drive. If the drive goes bad you loose everything. I never put a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit CPU either, even though you can. It's just a good practice

Sounds like it is time to clean up that hard drive, or get a another. I never put 2 operating systems on one hard drive. If the drive goes bad you loose everything. I never put a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit CPU either, even though you can. It's just a good practice

64 bits capable hardware has been around a while. Nothing wrong with using 32 bits, the only reason to use 64 is to address more memory. Putting 2 OS on one hard drive isn't going to make it go bad any faster than having only one OS. If that were the case, all of us who dual-boot Linux and Windows would be having problems left and right.

About the only statement I agree with is that if a hard drive goes bad you lose data, but even that is subjective depending on what the nature of the failure is, and there are always options for retrieving crucial data. But then again, if data was that crucial, you would be employing a backup plan, yes?

Yes that's true, but you are having boot problems now. It sounds like the Windows 7 install has some messed up drivers. You might try a clean install of Windows 7

I mean, I have all the backups and all, but the only problem is that the laptop I use is for school purposes, all the programs I need to use are on it. On Windows 8 I have to navigate aaaall the way to some long adress to open the program, and on the windows 7 i have shortcuts everywhere. so the problem is not that I cant use the computer at all, rather just really annoying.

Back