TechSpot

Windows 7+MS=BSoD

By Revera
Jan 7, 2010
  1. So today I got a brand new laptop. A Lenovo G550 with Windows 7 Home 32-bit on it.

What happens when I open MS is that it shows NEXON screen and Wizet screen but after that, either immediately after Wizer or at login-screen, computer BSoD and reboots.

Info;

BCCode: 1000008e
    BCP1: C000001D
    BCP2: 82A7F327
    BCP3: AE8CECC0
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Now I have no idea whatsoever what this means...

I have tried running MS in compatibility mode for XP (not allowed by ahnlab) and Vista (still BSoD).

I've removed anti-virus and firewall as well so.. My hope lies within you guys!

Thanks in advance

/Patrik

2. Revera

Revera TS Rookie Topic Starter

Now BCP3 was different... Don't know if that means anything...

BCCode: 1000008e
    BCP1: C000001D
    BCP2: 82A48327
    BCP3: 97B03CC0
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

3. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

You're not giving enough information, but for what I gather, you're trying to play a game that the computer can't handle.
    The graphics card on this PC can't handle too much, it is only meant for most office use.
    Since the computer is new, I would return it and exchange for something with more capability.

4. Revera

What else can I inform you with? The game, Maplestory is a 10 year old 2D side-scrolling MMORPG so it's nothing impressive. I got the game to work once, by sheer luck I gather and it ran VERY smoothly (compared to my Radeon desktop) so there is something with windows 7 I would assume? Arghs! I tried updating all drivers but no luck...

5. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

Ok, if the game is that old, try running it under XP compatibility.

6. Revera

I tried that but the anti-hack program which is launched prior to the game does not allow that >_> It does however allow vista compatibility but that yields me squat success :(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.