Windows 7 no sound help

By wen9x88
Jun 28, 2009
  1. i just install windows 7 64bit.
    and i cant find the driver for this sound card.
    X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series
    now my pc no sound at all.
    help please.

and here is some screenshot

2. ChrisDown

ChrisDown TS Rookie Posts: 125

Not sure how services work in Windows 7, but assuming it is similar to Vista...

Start > Run > services.msc

Is the Windows Audio service started and set to 'automatic'?
  3. wen9x88

wen9x88 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 113

yes,it is started automatic.
    someone say it the chipset driver not install...
    but i cant install driver for the chipset,because it looks like not support windows 7
    because when i double the setup,i saw this thing.

and here is the offical website,i m using biostar 770 mobo.
    thank you
  4. ChrisDown

Hm, well bear in mind that since Windows 7 is still an RC, manufacturers likely have other priorities this far away from launch.

It could well be that the drivers designed for other OSes simply don't work on 7, although I did hear that drivers were pretty flexible between Vista and 7. Hm.
  5. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

The Vista driver should work fine... just download the chipset from the BIOSTAR site for VISTA if services.msc is not working for you.
  6. ChrisDown

I think that's what he did, the services thing was different.
  7. ender

ender TS Rookie Posts: 94

Another thing to try if the Vista x64 driver refuses to install is to run the installer in Vista compatibility mode.

Stupid! you will say but I've fixed several driver installation issues on the Win 7 beta this way. The reason behind is that some crappy installers checked for a specific version of the OS and simply refused to start when Win 7 reported itself as Win 7, although they had no trouble at all when Win 7 reported itself as Vista. :eek:
  8. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

True, true. Even HP is recommending a trial with VISTA compatibility mode when things go awry.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.