Windows 7 will not detect speakers via audio jack.

Miles1226

Hi there, I've been having some real frustrating experiences trying to get my speakers to work. it all started when I replaced my hard drive after the old one died. The speakers I plugged in via audio/ headphone jack stopped working. The computer doesnt recognize any playback devices through the jack. But it will recognize my usb headphones no problem. I've tried every possible solution to this problem already listed on other sites (updating drivers, checking sound to enabled disabled audio devices,ect.) and none of them have worked. Any ideas? Also please dont post the whole "go to device manager and update drivers, or check sound to enable devices", I;ve already done that and it didnt work. Im looking for some real insight, not just a "solve all" solution.

I remember having a similar issue years ago and it turned out my speakers were analog and the card was digital. When I swapped something out, I had to correct the settings on the speaker.

Only thing I can think of is to double check you installed the correct chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Back