Windows 7 will not detect speakers via audio jack.

By Miles1226
Sep 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi there, I've been having some real frustrating experiences trying to get my speakers to work. it all started when I replaced my hard drive after the old one died. The speakers I plugged in via audio/ headphone jack stopped working. The computer doesnt recognize any playback devices through the jack. But it will recognize my usb headphones no problem. I've tried every possible solution to this problem already listed on other sites (updating drivers, checking sound to enabled disabled audio devices,ect.) and none of them have worked. Any ideas? Also please dont post the whole "go to device manager and update drivers, or check sound to enable devices", I;ve already done that and it didnt work. Im looking for some real insight, not just a "solve all" solution.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

I remember having a similar issue years ago and it turned out my speakers were analog and the card was digital. When I swapped something out, I had to correct the settings on the speaker.
  3. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,198   +105

Only thing I can think of is to double check you installed the correct chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.