Windows 7 - Windows boot manager fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

themitchguy

I have recently just tried to upgrade my system to windows 7, however, I accidentally installed 64-bit version, and my laptop is only compatible with 32-bit. So now, whenever I try to boot from a 32-bit installation cd, yes, I've pressed F12 and selected boot from cd, the Boot Manager doesn't work and goes to this screen no matter what I try:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, anche then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: Attempting to load a 64-bit application, however this CPU is not compatible with 64-bit mode.

Any help? I really hope my little laptop isn't broken.

Take the hard drive out & reformat in another computer from the OS installed. Then reinstall back to the other computer. Try your reinstall again.
I'm sure someone else has a better idea but this will do the job.
If there are other ways or this wrong let me know. Thanks!

1. What is your system's specs?

2. If there is no data which you need on that drive; simply delete all the partitions and recreate as many according to your needs during the windows setup and reinstall the OS.

Take the hard drive out & reformat in another computer from the OS installed. Then reinstall back to the other computer. Try your reinstall again.
I'm sure someone else has a better idea but this will do the job.
If there are other ways or this wrong let me know. Thanks!

Ok, but what do you mean by "reformat in another computer from the OS installed?"

1. What is your system's specs?

2. If there is no data which you need on that drive; simply delete all the partitions and recreate as many according to your needs during the windows setup and reinstall the OS.
its an Acer Aspire One, other than that, I'm not sure. However, I do have files on the harddrive that I need.

OK, after taking the hard drive out, hook it up to another computer with windows installed. Boot it up, and go to your disk management in the administrative tool folder located in the control panel. Delete all partitions on that drive, then create only one new partition out of the whole hard drive or just install back into the other computer & make partition then. If you need other partitions you can make them when you install the new OS after installing back into the previous computer. Hope this helps!

Um...

Um... How did you get it to upgrade 32bit to 64bit? The only solution I can think of that hasn't been posted is replace the CPU with one that can handle 64bit. It should be able to boot and you you won't have to reinstall Windows.

I accidentally installed 64-bit version, and my laptop is only compatible with 32-bit
Unless you used the PIRATE switch method to FOOL the system there is no way you can install x64 on a x86 system. -
How to fix...either use a DVD or USB Drive to BOOT. when ask select UPGRADE, which is the same as doing a REPAIR. only easier and faster.... if the UPGRADE will not work., reboot an select CLEAN INSTALL and select the proper OS this time then when ask insert the proper KEY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back